December was a crazy month for us. The Christmas season always seems to completely wipe everyone out, but we seemed to have an even crazier time than we normally do. This is Claire's cute Christmas outfit from Aunt KayKay (Kaley) I thought she looked so cute. Sometimes I still let her wear it, even though its April.
What would December be without subzero temperatures. We spent a lot of time wrapped up in heated blankets drinking hot cocoa.Santa in the San Luis Valley was a new experience for me. He was kind of creepy looking, didnt have a real chair. There were no elves handing out candy canes...but my kids didnt know the difference. This is the picture we got of him this year. Enjoy.
Claire tried on Nana's glasses and I though she looked adorable. Almost makes me wish she needed glasses...almost....
Our sweet Noah had to have surgery in December. As a mother, this was the most terrifying thing Ive gone through. The surgery was for a little cyst he had on his boy parts. They said it was really common and a very routine surgery. I wasnt worried about the actual procedure, but for some reason the anesthetic scared me. I have heard horror stories and that's all I could think about when we were going. Luckily the kid is a TROOPER and came out of it just fine. I think he looked so stinking cute in his hospital scrubs. I wanted to steal them. I kept the socks. Dont tell.
Right before he went in. I was more scared than he was. They wouldnt let me back while they put him to sleep. They said its not something that I ever want to see my child go through. I just hope he wasnt scared.
Here he is post surgery. He is so cute. I was so excited when he woke up and wanted to see me. He didnt cry once from the procedure. We just gave him some Tylenol and he was fine.
We went over to Nana's one day and made sugar cookies with all the girls. Claire is old enough to "help" now and I love it. She had so much fun.
This picture is the start of what was a not so happy adventure. We left Christmas Eve morning to fly to Canada. I had booked two itineraries to save $600. Call me cheap, I dont care. So I had booked Albequerque to Las Vegas (stop in Phoenix) and the Vegas to Calgary on a separate airline...with a 3 hour layover. When we got to Phoenix, our flight was delayed over two hours. After fighting with several airline staff, they finally got us on an earlier flight so we would make it to Vegas in time. We arrived in Vegas with an hour and a half to get our bags, get checked in and get on our next flight. We sat by the baggage terminal and watched all the bags come in...except ours. We had them track them only to find they hadnt moved them off our original flight and they would be coming in the next 30 minutes. I left Brice at the luggage terminal, took the kids and tried to check in. We were too late. It was 830pm Christmas Eve, we'd been travelling since 9 am that morning and the next flight to Calgary wasnt until 12pm the next day. I just cried. We were broke and couldnt afford a hotel. I went to the US Airways terminal and tried to get them to pay for a hotel since it was their fault we were late but they were jerks. The WestJet lady came over when she saw me crying and told us that WestJet was going to pay for our room, gave us meal vouchers so we could eat dinner and breakfast and set us up with transportation to the hotel and back. I was so grateful. Even though we spent Christmas in a hotel, we were together as a family and we were safe.
Noah fell asleep on the floor of the airport during our 2 hour delay. We were all so exhausted I wanted to join him!
Even though it was a last minute change, Santa still found us in the hotel room. He brought each of the kids a movie, a new outfit and a toy.
Claire just wanted a "spin dress" Santa found this little tutu that she insisted on wearing over her jammies
She also wanted a bunny. I refuse to have real ones so Santa settled on a FurReal bunny. She loves it. His name is Buddy and we have to sleep with him every night.
Heres the kids in their Christmas jammies in the hotel room.
Once we got to Canada (4pm Christmas Day), we had Christmas dinner an opened all of our presents.
Claire and Noah took forever since they were spoiled rotten by Grama and GG
We all had to take a nap from our day of travel. I love this picture cuz it looks like Brice and Claire are snuggling with Santa. Hilarious!
Claire loved hanging out with her Uncles. It made me sad because I wish we lived closer and could hang out with them more often. I love my brothas
We went and saw Great Uncle Al. He's in a nursing home now so I was expecting a vegetable, but he was still the same spitfire Uncle Al I know and love...just older...watching people get old sucks if any one is curious
Four generations. Claire loves the camera. This is her new CHEESE
Kyle and Kylie with the babes
Luckily, we made it back to Sanford without the issues that we had on the way home. We got home just in time for a New Years gathering at our house that I didnt take any pictures of. Oh well. Better luck next year








No comments:
Post a Comment