Sunday, May 1, 2011

Visit from Grama and Grampa

My parents weren't able to come out for Claire's birthday so they came out a couple weeks later and we turned it into a birthday celebration as well as Easter. It was so fun to have them out here. It was a super quick trip, and we already miss them. Here is a giant picture overload of our trip.

Grama and Grampa took Claire to Chuck E Cheese for her celebration. She was more interested in the rides than the games. And the giant Chuck E Cheese freaked her out. But she had a good time. As you can tell by these pictures, she was exhausted.

I feel like this is the original Chuck E Cheese ride. I remember it from when I was little too.

This fake Chuck E Cheese is the closest we could get to a picture with him, and its only because the ride was broken and she didnt have to deal with him moving around.
She still talks about the dragon.
My parents always stay in a hotel since my house is pretty little and GG (my grama) was here too so it was even littler. The advantage of that was that the hotel had a pool so we took Claire swimming, and by we, I mean my mom and Brice because I refuse to get into a swimsuit at this point. Claire loves water which is terrifying and exciting all at the same time. This is her smile lately. She never looks at the camera, but always says "cheese" with this silly little grin. I love it.
This pool was freezing but my mom was a trooper and took her in the water.
My dad the stallion
I just like these two pictures of Brice and Claire. They are my favorite people in the whole wide world.

My dad is a trouble maker and let Claire sit on this chair in the pool. He is lucky we didn't get kicked out.
Claire opening her presents from Grama, Grampa and GG.
Grama brought my bed from when I was growing up and we moved Claire into her "big, huge bed" as she calls it. I was surprised at how easy the transition was.  She's been in it for a couple weeks and has only fallen out once.
We went to the duck pond on Sunday. Those ducks are spoiled. They get fed so well that they never eat when we go. I was bugged but Claire didn't mind. She just ate the bread herself.
This is the best picture I got of the three of them...we'll need an update.
Grama and Claire. Grama was a good sport since I cant chase her around.
And what would a birthday party be without a cupcake
My dad taught her to wipe the blue all over her body...thanks dad. Next time you can bathe her!!
Anyway we had a great time! Thanks for the visit. Come back soon.

No comments: