Easter hasnt always been a big holiday in our family. Last year Claire was a little bit too young to understand it and the year before she was about 10 days old. So this year was fun. Even though it was her third Easter, it seemed more like her first.
We started the festivities with an Easter Egg Hunt at Riverwoods mall. It was supposed to start at 10. We got there at 1002 and the eggs were gone. There were two sweet little boys that shared their eggs with Claire when the saw she didnt get any. I thought it was darling. They had an Easter Bunny there. Can you tell by the look on Claire's face how thrilled she was to go see him. She was terrified of him. She doesnt like characters with covered faces (masks). She is fine with Santa, or princesses, but a covered face freaks her out.
Nu Skin does an Easter Egg hunt for all the kids in the company so I took her to that. She got these cute bunny glasses and didnt want to take them off. She still has them and every so often I will find her reading a book with her bunny glasses on.
Mid Easter Egg hunt. I think its funny to watch the different age groups. The little ones will get one egg and open in and play with whatever is inside of it. The older kids just get as many as they can before they are gone. I liked how Nu Skin separated the different ages. I felt like it was fair for everyone.
Doug and Bethany were in town with their two little boys so they came to the hunt. Ryder and Claire shared a basket - sorry it was pink Ryder :) I wish they lived closer. Ryder is Claire's closest "cousin" and they are not even technically cousins.
Claire's full basket.
Sorry if this is nudity. She's only 2. We decided to dye eggs and I didnt want to deal with all the laundry. This is Claire pre-egg dyeing. She was so excited.
This was me doing all the work while I was still worried about making a mess. Halfway through, I decided I didnt care anymore. She's two. I dont know why I stress about messes. Just let her live!
Here is where I caved. Her hands we a nice shade of purpley blue for a couple days.
So proud of her blue egg. I LOVED watching the joy in her eyes while she watched the eggs change colors.
Her silly "cheese" face. I think its darling, I just wish she would look AT the camera.
All of her eggs.
Dirty hands
I apologize that I am taking up 3/4 of this picture, but I wanted to show the final product. Claire thought the eyes and mouths on the eggs were HILARIOUS. She was laughing so hard. I wish we had it on video.
Easter morning. Thanks Kyle and Annie for the dress! She looks super cute in it. When she went around the corner to see what the Easter Bunny had brought, all we heard was "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, the ETHER BUNNY CAME!!!" It was funny. What a goof. She got a pillow pet and some church books and about 5 pounds of candy.
What would Easter be without a GIANT Dora Easter egg. Thanks grama....
Cute girl! We love her so much
Later that night, since she ate a good dinner (which happens about once a month) she got a cupcake and this is what happened. I love it. I hate the mess, but I love how happy she is and it makes the mess totally worth it. Happy Easter everyone!






No comments:
Post a Comment