Well this update is not a pleasant one. Yesterday afternoon I just started feeling really gross. I had a headache and just felt like crap. Then it turned into a pretty bad stomach ache. At about 430 I started throwing up. Every 10-15 minutes until about midnight. I was completely incapacitated. Luckily Brice was home last night to help me. I literally could not take care of Claire and felt like a worthless mother. I started to feel dehydrated and everytime I would try to drink even the slightest bit of water, it would come back up. I tried Sprite, nope, Diet Coke, nothing would stay down. At about 1130 we decided to go to the ER. It was pretty busy but they looked at me and took me back before everyone else in line. They put and IV in with some solution to get me rehydrated, some Zofran - AMAZING and some morphine (because of all the throwing up, my back had starting spazzing out and I was in a huge amount of pain). Once everything got in my system I started feeling much better. The doctor said it was gastroenteritis and that the nausea could last as long as 2 WEEKS!! Luckily they prescribed me some Zofran and some Loretab for the pain. It is pure bliss other than the fact that I am not allowed to drive on the Loretab.Luckily we had my sister in law Marcy out here. She was a lifesaver last night. She came over, took care of Claire, helped bathe her and get her to bed. She wouldnt sleep so Marcy took her for a ride in the car to calm her down, got her to sleep and stayed the night while we were in the hospital. We got home at about 230. I guess Claire woke up at 430 and 8 but I had no idea. Marcy was the one who got up with her. I am so grateful that she is out here and that she was so willing to help out! We love you Marchella!
4 comments:
Fallon! I hope that you are feeling better. Call me if you need anything :) I'll be thinking of you.
Hope you are feeling better. It is so hard to be sick and be a Mom still.
What?!?! Why did you not call me...I would have come and watched Claire too. I'm glad Marcie was there, but if she ever can't be, please call me!!!
I would say call if you need something- but I am pretty far away.. Sorry you got so sick.. Hope you get feeling better SOON..
Post a Comment