Saturday, October 4, 2008

Home to Sanford!

We got to go home to Sanford for the 24th of July this year. It was a lot of fun. I had to miss my family reunion on my side for it, but we got to go to that last year. Sanford was a blast though and I am so glad that we went. I had a great time with Brice's family and friends and being a part of something that they have celebrated their whole lives!


This was Manassa's annual 24th of July Celebration. Kaley's mother in law enters her float every year. This year she had the three little girls sitting on it as part of the Toy Story theme. It was soo cute. She won 1st place in her category!!







After the parade, we all went the the races. This is Melody's husband Tyler. I've never done this kind of stuff before so I was thoroughly intrigued by the entire Celebration. It was a blast.






This is the nasty caterpillar that Johnny found. It was gross. He decided it would be hilarious to throw it at some girls who were sitting in front of it. I'm not going to lie, it was kind of funny to see how fast those girls moved from where they were sitting, but if he had thrown it at me, I don't think he would still be alive today!

One night, Brice decided that he would shoot a bird that was sitting on the fencepost so innocently. He actually hit it. I was so mad. It wasnt pestering anyone or anything, he just wanted to prove a point. Anyway, I decided that I wanted to shoot the gun to but not at a bird. So after only two tries, I hit this can. I am awful at shooting so I thought "surely this has to be a fluke" so I tried again. Nope, it wasnt a fluke. I hit it AGAIN!! I'm pretty much a professional now. If anyone wants lessons, I am more than willing to take payment for it.

This was the most fun that I have had in Sanford. It was fantastic. The weather was beautiful, and the best part was, the wind wasnt blowing!

1 comment:

Ben & Kaley said...

Yeah so I sucked at shooting but next time (maybe)!