I know I have given little snippets here and there, but here is the whole story. Shortly after I had Noah, I started having weird headaches. They would start in my temples. It felt like something exploded in the side of my head. The first few times I thought I had had an aneurism and that the end was going to be in a couple of seconds (morbid I know). I went to the doctor for my six week check up and she said that it was because I had fluid in my ears and there was nothing we could do since I am breastfeeding Noah. We moved to Colorado at the end of July and they got worse. Im talking INTENSE headaches that would last hours at a time. However, we didnt have health insurance since we moved from Utah and my insurance there wouldnt cover Colorado and Brice's insurance from his new job didnt kick in until October 1. So I dealt with the headaches. Finally in the middle of September I couldnt handle it anymore. The headaches were starting to wake me up in the middle of the night. I would wake up with a headache and have it until I finally fell asleep. I quit Diet Coke which was HUGE for me. It seemed to help a little bit once I came down off of the withdrawal. I went to a PA here in Colorado and he determined that they were epidural headaches from a tear in my dura which was causing my spinal/brain fluid to leak out. So he treated me. The second I took the pill he prescribed, I thought I was going to die. I googled the medicine and found out it was loaded with caffeine. I just dealt with the pain drug free for the next couple of weeks and had an appointment for the first day in October. This doctor had no idea what could be causing them so he decided I needed a CT scan. Terrifying. This is how they find brain tumors (which was already my biggest fear) I went in for the CT scan last week...it came back clear. I am relieved that there is nothign wrong with my brain but at the same time, I am disappointed that they cant find out what is wrong. At this point, they said they cant do any more testing until I am done breastfeeding Noah, which I am not ready to do yet...so until then, Ill be caffeine free and pain filled and hopefully they will be able to make this pain go away!

1 comment:
Oh man Fallon, that's horrible! I am so sorry, I don't even know how you're dealing with that and school and being a mom. I recently started getting migraines, and with this pregnancy for a while I was getting them almost every day and I thought I was going to die. Thankfully it's gotten better lately, but man, I'm glad your CT scan came back normal! I hope they figure it out soon, because it is no fun living with headaches.
Post a Comment